For those with problems sending mail to the list from AOL

This is what they sent me and it does work

A. ABOUT SENDING A PLAIN TEXT EMAIL
AOL  e-mail uses rich-text formatting to allow different text styles, colors, and sizes. If you are sending e-mail to a site that cannot accept rich-text, try sending plain text using Arial font in 10-point size. Do not use any colors, bold, italicized, or underlined text. If you use AOL Mail on the Web, you will automatically be sending plain text. No rich-text formatting is used for AOL Mail on the Web.

B. CHANGE THE TEXT PREFERENCES TO SEND PLAIN TEXT FOR ONLY ONE EMAIL
1. On the AOL toolbar, click on WRITE.
2. In the dropdown menus, select Arial and 10, ensure the buttons for Bold, Italics, and Underlined are not selected, then click on the TEXT COLOR button.
3. Select Black, then click on OK.
4. Click on the BACKGROUND COLOR button.
5. Select White, then click on OK.
6. Type the Address, Subject, and Message as usual, then click on SEND NOW.
7. Click on OK if you receive a confirmation message.

C. CHANGE THE TEXT PREFERENCES TO SEND PLAIN TEXT FOR ALL EMAIL

NOTE: Following the steps below will set your e-mail text preferences to plain text for all messages you send in the future.

1. On the AOL toolbar, click on SETTINGS, then click on PREFERENCES.
2. Click on FONT, TEXT & GRAPHICS.
3. Click on RESET to restore the default settings for AOL e-mail, then click on SAVE.
4. Click on the X to close the Preferences window.

If for any reason you need additional help or information and it entails immediacy, may I kindly suggest you to please contact our Technical Support Department by phone at 1-888-346-3704 or talk to our live One-On-One help by going to Keyword ASK THE STAFF. Both departments will guide you through a step-by-step solution to your query.

Here is how to reach TECHLIVE:
1. Go to Keyword: ASK THE STAFF
2. Click on the GET LIVE ONLINE HELP option.
3. Click on the blue text (hyperlinks) from the right side of the window, which states TECHNICAL.
4. Click on GO THERE. You will be connected to a live Chat Area. Live One-on-One  assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Thanks for writing America Online. For any other suggestions, comments and/or inquiries please feel free to write back and I will be more than happy to assist you.