Re: Euro parts and the Law/Cops

Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:

> I have the opportunity to ubtain euro bumpers, but i have one question, i
> know some of the people on this list have european parts, and the question
> is this, do you guys ever get fix it tickets or get pulled over for having
> these smaller bumpers, and brighter lights?

Here in California, as far as bumpers go, all you need is to have two.  They
could be 2x4's, they'd be legal.  Euro lights aren't legal here, and
generally, you won't get hassled for them - though Ron Woods has told me a
tale of a customer right here in Huntington Beach that's been pulled over
no less than FIVE times for them, with the cop threatening to impound the
guy's car if he catches him again.  I minimize my exposure by running
with a front plate at all times.. no need to give them a legit reason
to pull you over and then find more shit.. :0

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA