Re: Tire sizes for the track? 225/50/14 on 14X7?

Your question is a real long shot for two reasons.  225/50/14 are hard
to find even in autox tires these days and a 14 x 7 rim is quite rare.
BUT, strangely enough I am running the same combo.  :-)  I have the
old-school BFG R1 tires in 225/50/14 on 14 x 7 TSW rims with an offset
of 35.  When I was using these on my 88 Scirocco 16V with H&R sport
springs, I had to use 5mm spacers to clear the springs in the rear.
After that Scirocco was wrecked, I started using them on an 82 Rabbit
with Neuspeed (older H&R race springs), I had to use 5mm spacers to
clear the *front* springs.  I was using 195/55 Kumhos on the rear of
that car out of fear of tearing off the fender flares.  :-)  The 225s
were HUGE on that Rabbit.  I did test fit them on the rear of the
Rabbit, but all I remember is being paranoid of how far the tires were
sticking out and can't remember if the inside cleared the spring or
not.  I would have to say no.  I eventually bought another Scirocco (87
16V), but this one has HoR springs on it and the 225s wouldn't fit in
the front wheelwells since the car was so low in front, so I had to use
the 195/55 Kumhos up front and the BFG's in the rear.  So, now that I've
confused the hell out of you, I hope that helped at least a little.  :-)

Anyhoo, clearance would depend on the offset of your rims, which you
didn't mention.

Mike