From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of pellom@yorku.ca
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 12:32 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: What Oil to Use in a 16V and 8V?

Guys and gals,

I just got back from the mechs and he told me that I was using the wrong oil
grade in my 16V.  He said to definitely use 20W50 in a 16V motor.  I've been
using 10W40 since the rebuild last Fall (car stored for the winter).  Have I
done any damage to the motor?  The lifters are also ticking.  Could that be
caused by the use of thinner oil?

Finally, the 8V in my Vwabbit is burning oil.  Once again, should i be using
20W50?  Any suggestions are definitely welcomed.

TIA

Sal