Turbo sourcing

I'm thinking about pulling a turbo from an old TD and putting it on my
'rocco.  I understand there will be clearance problems.  Can it be made to
fit?

I don't have definite plans yet, or even a source.  What do I need to do to
fit the turbo, i.e. plumbing the intake, etc.?  Does it blow through the
airflow plate, or is it fed in after this?  Never having looked at a TD, is
there a similar fuel distributor arrangement so all the plumbing would be
provided?

What cars would possibly have a TD?  Old Quantums - anything else?  How do I
know the turbo is good?

Since I have a spare JH, I was just going to slap together a cheap turbo
system for my 1.7 in the car, just for shits and giggles.