Car is psychotic...

Well, my car now has a split personality! Up to 4000-4500 rpm, kind of mild
mannered, Clark Kent sorta thing going on, after that LOOK OUT!!!!! Euro cam
didn't make much difference on its own, but that big 50 mm manifold YEEHAH!!!
Way too much fun, now if we could just figure out how to get the clutch to
hold on properly, some serious trouble could be gotten into. Really happy with
the manifold, thanks to the nice lister who sent it, it really makes the car
scream at the top end, and the bottom is not as soft as I had feared, quite
tolerable really.
As for my clutch,(OEM, 210 mm) it is new enough (late 2000, when the engine
was swapped), what would be causing the slippage?  Not all the time, but often
enough that it needs to be looked at. Any ideas? Jealousy is also allowed,
what a spoiled little car.

Cathy, 1987 16V, 2L, TT exhaust and fuel module, 1.8 head, Euro cam, and the
"big pipes" on top with a really crappy paint job and stereo.