[TECH] Audi 5K vs 4K throttle body

True, there isn't a huge performance difference, but if you can add a mod
like an oversized throttle body for $10 or $20 bucks, your bang for the buck
is fairly decent where as Nospeed charges something like $300 for their
throttle body with the same size bores, just with a "Nuespeed" logo on it.
Plus, it comes with an adapter so you can add the big throttle body then
reduce the amount of air that goes into the intake by adding the restrictive
adapter!!  Quite a little scam they have going!!  I can see it now:  "That
didn't add as much power as I thought, I better buy those $150 Nuespeed
wires!!"  More money for them!!

Dave

I make most of my own performance stuff and it works better usually!!

> -Audi/VW. There often is no difference at all, Pat. I don't know anyone
who
> is really "amazed" with the Audi 5k (or equivalent) throttle body's
> performance, though. Yeah, it does offer a bit more kick but it isn't
> anything dramatic. Anyway, that 4K t/b should work fine. I sourced mine
from
> a Quantum which is basically the same as a 4K, etc. Make sure that you
port
> your intake manifold to fit the new t/b, or you won't realize any gains.
In