Tech: power window conversion procedure

Gents, Chris Jevens (who doesn't have non-HTML email capability for the
moment) asks the following of us:

"... could ask if anyone has a good tech procedure for taking out power
windows...? I have a parts car that I'm trying to dismantle, and would love
to put them in my car, but I can't seem to get the window to go down... I
created my own power adaptor to directly hook the window switch on the
driver's side to a fully charged battery, and all I got was a click from the
window motor... my brother suggested hooking power to the cig lighter, and
using the harness... I don't know..."

What do yuz think?
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager