Tech...Euro Bumpers

I'm really needing some help here folks@!  I painted the new Euro's last
night to match my car....but still can't seem to figure out how to put these
damn things together.  I got the brackets bolted up to the metal
reinforcements.  (brackets being what bolts to the car.....reinforcements
being the metal *bumper* under the plastic "bumper*)    I can see how the
plastic *bumper* clips on to the metal .....but I still have these two
pieces left over.  They are metal.  They are about 3 ft. long and ever so
slightly curved like the bumper.  I *think* they are shims/bushings that
help the bumper hold its form.    Maybe not?  Either way I can't figure out
where the hell they go!   Somebody please chime in here....I don't want to
have to take these bumpers back off the car to install these things.
Chris