Re: is there anything i need to do?

Corey Muscavitz wrote:

> i want to try to get my new 82 to run.  it's been sitting for about 2-3
> years now.  is there anything i should do before just cranking it over?
> thanks
>  corey
> 88 16v
> 82 "green machine"
> 83 parts car
>
> --

Pull the plugs and squirt some oil down on the cylinder and let it set
awhile. Marvel Mystery Oil might be nice for this, but not anything
light like WD-40.

After it has soaked awhile, turn the motor over by hand to lube the
cylinder walls.

You might consider spooling up the oil; spin the pump with a drill and
that adapter rod stuck down the Dist hole OR pull the Fuel Pump Relay
and crank the Engine over a few times.

Change all fluids. All.

TBerk