Re: Awwww........ SHIT part Twah!

On Fri, 18 May 2001 08:53:50 -0700 "Randy B" <sirocco@telocity.com>
writes:
>I totally agree with Craig here...is your middle name "Patience" or
>"Persistence"?.
>Hmmmm....Shawn Persistence Méze....gotta good ring to it :)

Hey, easy there, don't start the name calling! Could end up stuck with a
name like that and we wouldn't want that!

>YOU THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why yes, yes I am -da man-.

Ok, heres the update. As per Pottermans suggestion, ive replaced the OX
sensor, FP relay and that seemed to help it run a little better.

In a fit of despair, I decided to take it to a shop with the idea that
they could diagnose the problem much faster than I could. First shop
(where I know the guy) tells me "we don't work on VWs". OH, next shop
tells me shit I already know and says that all the stuff I already did
wasn't necessary. HUH? Ok, time to go. It turns out that *I* AM the best
VW mechanic in all of El Cajon too. SHAME.

So now im down to a valve adjustment, everything checks out OK with the
exception that one of the valve shims is a 2-85 and its TOO thick. Gonna
either try and find a thinner one or make this one thin, damn it.

Worst case is I drive it up to Pottermans and see where we are from
there.

Either way, I AM going to the fucking show.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!