Re: Warm intake issue

The little plate is moved by the thermostat in the inlet stream. I don't
think airflow will move it much. So, if you have the hot air inlet
blocked it's probably starving. And with no hot air going in the plate
will never open so it would block airflow even after the engine was
warm. I'd try unblocking the hot air inlet (even if it does suck hot
air) as a test.
On my 84 I removed the thermo inlet whatever the hell it is and found a
flex pipe that would fit on the airbox and the fitting on the front of
the frame. On my 86 (later acquistion) I noticed it has the same setup
as my 84 only it's factory. So, you can buy the tube from the
stealership or maybe find one at the local junkyard.
Dan