Re: Heat, or IT's Hot

 That little box you're referring to is the heater valve and I had to
replace mine in the '84. Looks like I have to replac3 it in the Slegato as
well but the good news is they cost about eight dollars.

Marie

Open the hood and look inside the engine compartment.  Just behind the air
intake manifold, just underneath the throttle body you will see two hoses
about 1/2inch in diameter going into the firewall from the engine.  On one
of
these hoses you will see a box about 2by3 inches.  On this box will be an
actuator lever with a cable on it.  This is the box you replace.  I haven't
replaced it yet, living in Florida i never use heat.  push the actuator
lever
by hand to the closed position (not sure which direction) by and as tightly
as you can and this should stop the heat from coming in.  L8r

Brian 86 Rocco 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>