Re: injectors cleaning vs replace

Cheapass Ron says...I've had little luck cleaning
them, but I'm only one guy.  Frankly, I'd junkyard
scour a bit and find a few with your same part number.
 Discard leakers (after pump shut off) and squirters
(vs. sprayers) and unless you're going for all out
performance, they'll work fine.

I've fixed a few leakers and squirters - maybe 25% or
less - by running the tip of an ice pick around the
perimeter while it was spraying.  It seemed to have
dislodged some grit in there and thenceforth it worked
fine.  Yeah, some think this is hackery, but IT WORKED
and was free and the injectors were bound for the
trash anyway, so WTF why not!? (this was on a daily
driver, and the improvement was noticeable).

What happens when you shut the pump off?  Leakage
there is generally what I look for, not when it's
pumping.  If they *all* spray/leak with pump on, I'd
look elsewhere.

Ron