RE: [tech] Request for input (was: RE: VW Sports Coupe Family Complete! (for now...))

To answer all you question, go to the hardcore forum and read back a
bit....... http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/51354 It's where the drag queens
from back east and a ton of other forced induction freaks hang out.

If you go the G60 route in a MkI you can easily make 200-225 HP with minor
mods to the motor.  It has been done tons of times and there is lots of info
on the trouble spots if you know where to look.

The 020 tranny will handle 200HP with a queef no problem.

A nice medium boost setup like a small T-3 or IHI turbo for fast spool up,
an 8v turbo.com manifold, big vavle hydraulic head, 2.25 exhaust running cis
injection with the Audi bit and a good additional injector controller could
be very nice,  Maybe put that on top of an Audi 2.0 block and lower
compression to like 8.5:1 with a copper gasket from www.headgasket.com and
your good to go.  That wouldn't be much under 200HP and be pretty fast on
the spool up with great low end umph.

my .02

Brian "box-o-parts bench racer" Honnold