Re: Leaking petrol tank - questions

First, I have not BTDT on my car, an '87 16V.  BUT,
there was a thread on this list several months ago, in
the US there was a recall on certain MkII 16V's (not
8V's, dunno why) for a leaky fuel tank.  At Daun's
suggestion, I called a local dealer who checked my
VIN, and offered to schedule a recall (I declined
since I am a cheapass, and want to wait until I get a
new exhaust, he said he'll install it el-cheapo, why
turn that down?).

So, I'd guess you could check your local dub dealer
and check on whether there's a recall in the UK.  May
save you some £££'s!!

Ron