Re: 4 into 2 Exhaust Manifold

1. Don't know what you're planning to use for a downpipe, but the
aftermarket ones have very stiff flex joints, so I'd fix the stud.
2. You can test the O2 sensor by seeing if the duty cycle of the FI
oscillates with the engine warmed up and idling. Don't know of any way
to test it before hand. Since it's such a PITA to replace with the
manifold installed, I'd replace it or install your current sensor.
3. I wouldn't bother cleaning the inside since your engine's just going
to put more there anyway.
just my .02
Dan