Back on the road!! (long)

Thank you to everyone on this list you has suffered with me through
my 2 week struggle in fixing my Jetta.  Thank you especially to Cheap
Ass Ron (couldn'ta done it without ya).  I did many things probably not
needed but what the heck, at least I know that the maintance things
are taken care of for a while...  The problem WAS the fuel pump, even
though it was making a sound it wasn't pumping fuel.  let this be a lesson!

I replaced my distributor (leaky) and Mark @ germanparts hooked me
up real good on all of the parts.  I also replaced all of the belts (yes
even the
timing belt)  I did the fuel filter and my K & N is on its way.  I still
need to
change the oil, I already flushed the coolant but I should probably do it
again and next time use a phosphate free style of coolant.

Now, speaking of belts, I now hear a funky whhhirrring noise from the belt
section that I never heard before I changed them all.  Did I overtighten
them
or something?  I have p/s and a/c btw and this is a 16V motor.  Also, is
there
a good way to tighten the alternator without destroying the metal above the
radiator?

Now the toys, Thanks to Dave Ewing, I now have big bumpers.  I will
be repainting them, first, what is a good color match for the bright red
color
on my car (tornado red is it?)  second, should I use primer?  What kind?
Finally, what should I do to Re-blacken the bumpers.  They are still off the
car so anything is possible.

Geordy Rostad
'88 16v jetta