Re: Inner tie rod replacement: advice please.

There is a unversial tie rod tool that you can buy
from your local auto store that is esentially a pipe
with a bolt through it on one side and had a place to
put a 3/8" (or was it 1/2) ratchet on the other.  You
remove the outer tierod, and place the pipe over the
inner.  then you screw the nut down over the flatspot
on the inner.  Carefully turn it counter clockwise and
whella the inner end is off.  Its kind of a pain but
not too difficult.  The rack boot is kind of a pain if
you have big hands.

hth
Tony