[Tech] Valve noise & antifreeze..

Hey Ya'll.
Finnally go the 87 16v reassembled from the waterpump replacement and
fixing a bunch of goobered items from all the PO's and shops.

Now I have a relativly loud ticking coming from the head somewhere. I
havent checked the timing yet and dont know if its the "pinging" im
hearing. sound more like a metal tink tink tink. coming from the valve
area. I'm just wanting to confirm some guesses.
Car has sat for about 1-1.5 months. and currently has a FRAM (yuck
from PO) oil filter on it. the motor supposedly has like 100kmi on it.

My plan. run some oil cleaner additive (basically kerosene) in it for the
recommeded 5-10 min. and change the oil using a VW/OOOO oil filter
(thanks Jan). And use a quality oil in it.. Recommendations.
non-synthetic.

Antifreeze.
After I went and bought the antifreeze I noticed the little tag that says
to use only non-phos. containing coolant. Anybody want to pipe up here?
and tell me why. the PO obviously had standard antifreeze in it. (bottle
was in the trunk)

well happy to see that the 16v does actually run after the disassembly.

brian (all vehicles needing fixed)
87 16v running. still on jackstands gonna order lower control arms and
ball joints.

91  VFR750F busted speedo... today

Need to get rid of it before the wife catches me with it :-)
81S -- I need a new home $250 come and get me :-) you need a new
project:-)

Trying to finance the trip to cincy.
mk2 dash very nice, Up for auction (currently at $50) complete w/ vents,
lightswitch insets and glovebox

mk2 flash silver sunroof good gasket. $125 hopefully the guy who wanted it
will contact me..

Friends and family's crap to fix.
Volvo -- new ignition, alternator
83 Dodge Van -- power steering hoses, tune up
opel wagon -- new battery.
ok .. who's next.