Re: clogged injectors it is

>I have discovered that tehre is no vacuum leak, I conducted the
>"ether test", checked all the gaskets, and taped all the hoses that
>could be leaking. The engine is jsut sucking so hard i can hear it
>(i suspect thats a good thing) I am now 90% sure that the hesitation
>and missing is caused by dirty injectors.  After all, the engine has
>is a salvaged engine, its only expected that there be dirt in the
>systems.  The coolant (which i drained to replace coolant temp
>sensor) also was fairly dirty, but the oil is fine.  I plan to get
>performance injectors anyway, so ill use the kwikfix injector
>cleaner shit.  Thanx for your input.
>
>One kwik question... what is that rod with the blue cap that is
>connected to the exhast manifold?
>
>also, do u recomend a k&n air filter?

Did you check the spark plug wires for arcing?  Spray a water mist on
them at night, any visible sparking means replacing them.

Second, there is really no such thing as performance CIS injectors as
far as I know. They either flow the right amount of fuel, or they don't.
Flowing more fuel at a given pressure merely throws off the mixture and
reduces performance.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net