clogged injectors it is

I have discovered that tehre is no vacuum leak, I conducted the "ether test", checked all the gaskets, and taped all the hoses that could be leaking. The engine is jsut sucking so hard i can hear it (i suspect thats a good thing) I am now 90% sure that the hesitation and missing is caused by dirty injectors.  After all, the engine has is a salvaged engine, its only expected that there be dirt in the systems.  The coolant (which i drained to replace coolant temp sensor) also was fairly dirty, but the oil is fine.  I plan to get performance injectors anyway, so ill use the kwikfix injector cleaner shit.  Thanx for your input.

One kwik question... what is that rod with the blue cap that is connected to the exhast manifold?

also, do u recomend a k&n air filter?