Re: husky and the depot

scott ammerman wrote:

> |  Yes, Home Depot does warranty their tools forever.  Often they
> |  will take Craftsman tools back too; to entice you to try Husky.
> |  As far as being around- with over 1100 stores around the world...
> |  And  little background on Husky-they've been around for a long time;
> |  my dad had a set he got when I was just a little kid(now 30 and long
> |  before home depot) and they were warranteed then too.
> |
> yeah, husky tools are a pretty good buy, but home depot is sometimes
> less-than-helpful during the return process..

Interesting scuttlebutt- I heard just yesterday that Craftsman as sold
by Sears Retail were tools made in China and that Husky were Craftsman
tools (but rebranded) & made here in the US.   This also was added to
with the pronouncement that this explained the change in life time
warranty in (some?) Craftsman tools.    Hmmmm.

> I bought a flex head bent handle 3/8" rachet from them (for the low low
> price of like $16) and broke it trying to remove a stuck bolt.. upon
> completing the return process (including, but not limited to TWO seperate
> forms) and a lengthy description of exactly what was wrong with the tool, I
> was told that the design was discontinued, and they couldnt help me...

I'd like to ask you to not use a ratchet on a stuck bolt, or even a
non-stuck but needs to be broken free bolt. Get a breaker bar (I have
both 3/8" & 1/2") This way your ratchets will last longer. (Take no
offense, just trying to help).

> in short: husky, good.
>           home depot, duh.
> /scott