Re: husky and the depot

Haven't heard the China rumor, and I'm not aware of
any warranty changes in their tools.  Power tools,
toolboxes, etc. have never had a 'forever' (not the
same as 'lifetime') warranty, I think it's one year.

A "lifetime" warranty bit me when I bought some
luggage from Eddie Bauer about 11 years ago.  I took
it back to the store, and they asked me how old it
was, I told them, and they said "well, that's beyond
the expected lifetime of these bags."  What horseshit.

Anyway, I do know that when you get some "special
purchase" or packaged hand tool sets that are
Craftsman, they are *not* the same quality as the
individual items they keep behind lock and key, even
though they have the same p/n.  I buy the cheaper sets
anyway, and if they break, you get the good stuff when
you trade 'em in.

Sounds like Craftsman is still the choice for me.

Ron