husky and the depot

|  Yes, Home Depot does warranty their tools forever.  Often they
|  will take Craftsman tools back too; to entice you to try Husky.
|  As far as being around- with over 1100 stores around the world
|  with another 1000 planned in the next few years- no problems there
|  (that and they make over 35billion a year).  In case you couldn't tell
|  I work for them, but I use craftsman myself.
|  And  little background on Husky-they've been around for a long time;
|  my dad had a set he got when I was just a little kid(now 30 and long
|  before home depot) and they were warranteed then too.

yeah, husky tools are a pretty good buy, but home depot is sometimes
less-than-helpful during the return process..

I bought a flex head bent handle 3/8" rachet from them (for the low low
price of like $16) and broke it trying to remove a stuck bolt.. upon
completing the return process (including, but not limited to TWO seperate
forms) and a lengthy description of exactly what was wrong with the tool, I
was told that the design was discontinued, and they couldnt help me.

I finally persuaded them to let me rebuild the head of the rachet using
parts from a non-flexhead, but that took a bit of coaxing, and talking to
the head-assistant-manager-on-duty person for about 10 minutes.. every time
I've ever gone to sears for a craftsman return I was in and out in 10
minutes.. you can practically throw the broken tool at the sales guy and
they'll still replace it.. even with the next model up, if the one you have
isnt made anymore. in most areas, they're even opening hardware-only stores,
with an even more choices.

the depot also doesnt stock husky's decent metric-only socket sets, so I
have a whole pile of SAE stuff and a massive blow-molded case, just so I
could get a good buy on a rachet/socket set..

in short: husky, good.
          home depot, duh.

/scott

86.5 Scirocco 16v