Re: Wheel bearing swaps

I have had this discussion with a winning driver in a Rabbit in NASA's GTI
Cup series (kind of like SCCA ITC).
He said some guys would install Audi 4K front wheel bearings (after
machining the bearing housings to accept them).
I don't know what size these are though.
Apparently the stock size A1 wheel bearings wouldn't even last a season,
with the 4K wheel bearings they last a couple of seasons.
Remember this is "ON THE TRACK" where wheel bearing are taxed to the limit.
You might check into this as well.

Randy
81 Scirocco S (X2) - "The Twins"