if it ain't broke....

triple gauge panel... that's easy enough.
hmm look at that i'll need to put a new oil pressure sender in for the
gauge, great we even have the part here.

so i must confess, i wasn't paying attention and cross threaded the sender
into the flange (above the oil cooler) nicely shredding that alumn. flange.
well, we even had that part. what i didn't take into account was that the 2
lower bolts were stripped. so running out of time and usable parts, i towed
the scirocco to the shop (the mechanic who bails us out when we get in too
deep or have no time)

so now 2 days later i go back to pick it up. he says its done so i hop in
and pull away. no sooner do i get up to 3500 rpms but the oil pressure light
and buzzer come on. so i shut it down get out and look, no oil on the
ground, there is oil on the dipstick. so i slowly drive it back around the
block back to the shop, where i step in the bays and ask if the guy who
worked on it (the owner) was still there. one of the other mechnics tells me
he went to his daughters softball game. doh.
so the other mech. there tells me to pull it in his bay to take a look.
wiring looks fine, everything looks fine. then i get down on my hands and
knees and look under the car, sure enough the was a hefty puddle of oil
(looking like it is coming from the gasket side of the flange. from the few
minutes we were standing there. so i point it out to him nd he suggests i
find a ride home. so i call one he comes 10 minutes later in his black 8v
scirocco. anyway i think it's going to be solved in the am, at lest i hope
so because i have to drive to north carolina tom\\\\\\\\\.

\eric tomorrow
'87 scirocco 16v
'69 bradley gt

cobra racing
~philadelphia~

any emails to me directly can be sent to: etomorrow@mlcrew.com
i check that account more often than i do this one.
thanks.