[OT] Rocc's, german parts and life in the US

Just spent an hour on the German ebay and other sites looking at Scirocco
parts. So much good stuff available .. and here we are trying to scrounge
together what good parts remain. Having come from Germany I sometimes feel
like kicking myself for having to pay $$$ for those good parts.

Anyone ever think of getting a container and filling it with parts and
having it shipped over here? How about a sticking a car in a container and
bringing it over here. Anyone have any idea what that would cost? Dirk, any
idea hehe? Might have to check on that when I go back to visit the
relatives. I swear the next Roc I get is coming straight across the Atlantic
.. maybe a nice 92 model .. wouldn't that be something haha. (Yeah, how deep
is my pocket... uhummm, then again the $-DM is pretty good, ya never know).
Maybe we should have a list trip over there with empty suitcases hehe.

So anyways ... just curious, for those of you reading this post .. how'd you
end up with a Roc in the first place?

"SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: Sciroccos can be extremely addictive,
and can cause extreme rubber-necking, finger-pointing and gasping
in fellow motorists."
1988 16V Scirocco - Black
Cars gone to new homes:
1987 16V Scirocco - Flash Silver