RE: oil pressure warning..

<snip Dan>
The oil pressure warning light keeps coming on, but there are no major leaks
and they only come on when stopping or turning.  I suspect the oil pressure
switches are faulty.
<end snip>

I think we just talked about this recently, but I'll post (again) what I
did.  I went out and bought a $30-$40 mechanical in-dash gauge and a metric
adapter kit.  I didn't install the gauge, just put it together to create a
mechanical pressure tester.  Take off the front sender (just above the oil
cooler on the filter flange) and hook up the gauge.  On a fully warmed car,
have someone rev it to 2,000 rpm and check the gauge.  It should read 2 bar
(~30 psi).  If it does, then you have a sender or electrical problem.  If it
doesn't, you may be in the market for an oil pump.  The fact that you're not
hearing a buzzer warning with the flashing light seems to indicate a sender
problem, but it's better to be sure that you don't have a real oil pressure
problem now before you find yourself searching for a replacement engine.  My
.02.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II