Re: sudden car death (Husky tools)

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 05:33:05PM -0700, geordy wrote:

> > Eh, hardly impressive.  What happened is that the parent company of
> > snap-on bought Williams tools, who had just introduced a low-level conumer
> > tool line.  Saying Husky is as good as Snap-On is like saying that a Skoda
> > is a Lambourghini because VW owns them both.

> Husky may not be as good as snap-on but they are also a fraction
> of the price.  Have you ever tried the tools?  They are pretty good.
> And for the home/small shop mechanic, the price/performance is
> very good.  Not everyone has $400 to spend on a 22 piece socket set....

Yup, and I was not happy with them. I had a set of Kobalt box wrenches for
a while. I found that there were many areas where they could not fit where
my Craftsman Industrial wrenches worked fine.  I also found the wrenches
very uncomfortable in my hand.

 Some Craftsman stuff has REALLY gone downhill... look at their ratchet
handles. My 20 year old ones are great... they have a really fine arc
pitch and have never failed. New ones have a really coarse pitch and feel
cheap... but the Husky tools feel just as bad. If I ever need new
ratchets, they're going to be Snap-On. However, Snap-On screwdrivers
absolutely suck. Hard plastic handles that are impossible to grip when
greasy, tips that wear down in just a few months of constant use.  I like
Craftsman Industrial drivers much better.

Dan

--
Barbie says, Take quaaludes in gin and go to a disco right away!
But Ken says, WOO-WOO!!  No credit at "Mr. Liquor"!!

		-- Zippy the Pinhead