Re: Were VW electrical designers on acid?

Being in the UK, I don't have to worry about such complications - hell, we
didn't even see PAS and A/C is pretty much non-existant, if it was ever
offered. I'd guess it would make sense to have the O2 ground as close as
possible to the sensor since it is working on a limited voltage range and I
presume the O2 brain is somewhere in the engine bay / scuttle anyway.
I'm not bothered about rerouting my ground as it doesn't seem to have had
any effect on the cluster, apart from making it work again!  I've plenty
more more problems to fix.

Thanks again,

Ewan.