[Engine] 8v intake mod., spare non-AC pulley

  The other day at work was nice and slow as I'd anticipated, so I took the
manifold from my 77 (off an '86 golf I think it was), a few  bastard-cut
files, and an Audi 5K throttle body. After a few hours I got the holes mated
up nicely, why VW had to be so short sighted with the manifold casting, i.e.;
so little metal after the flange, is anyone's guess. After getting home I
worked the tooled areas with some sand paper and steel wool to smooth things
out. Next day it got pressure washed to make sure all the metal fillings were
well cleaned out. Tomorrow I should have the time to get new gaskets and some
carb/TB spray to clean out the throttle body. I know I can also use a Fox
manifold for this setup, but I'm doing this on a budget, and what I might pay
for the manifold can go to other parts, like an electronic ignition with
knock box.
  Before work I managed to get some time at the local P-N-P yard. Bastards
crushed the MK 1 GTI's I was going to get the heads from while I had been
gone. But I did find a MK1 jetta 2-door (I was starting to believe I had
imagined them years ago...), sans AC. The pulley came of without a hitch, so
if anybody needs one it's cost ($6) plus shipping.
  I also grabbed the TB from an Audi GT Coupe and sold it to another VW
fanatic ('84 GTI to be an SCCA car) at work.
  Also, thanks to everyone who offered advice on removing stuck pulley bolts.
I'll try them out this weekend. I agree about WD-40, it's maybe a step above
snake oil, but for some stupid reason it's the first thing I grab when I need
something. I nearly emptied out the can when cobbling a lawn mower together
over the weekend. Hmm, there is a Sprint Turbo at the P-N-P, if I can bolt
the turbo up to the mower, with a K&N filter, glasspack exhaust....

Carl
77rocco
89fox