RE: '77 Ragtop? Factory or dealer?

A few of us on the list have these.

They were installed by dealers mostly on the West Coast back in 77-81
instead of the glass sunroofs.  Usually it is make by either Weathershields
or Brittax depending on the year.

There is a place in Southern California that still stocks parts for them and
will recover the top and redo the headliner part for like $250.

It is my understanding the Weathershields was bought by Brittax in late 1978
and then Brittax distributed the current Weathershields inventory of tops
and in about 1980 destroyed the molds.

Brian H