From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Shannon Fenton
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 1:39 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Dual oil temp gauge probs-help

All,

I rebuilt my center console this weekend to fix the theft damage from way
back. Having climate controls again is SO COOL! Car cold-car hot-car
cold-car hot-feet cold-shoulders cold-feet hot-shoulders hot!! What a great
feature! Anywhoo, I also hooked up the stock oil temp gauge by tapping the
Audi gauge I already had in place. I did this for two reasons, I've always
been suspicious of the Audi gauge reading high and there is no use in having
a gauge installed but not hooked up("Dude..why doesn't that gauge work?".
The problem is that now neither gauge read correctly. The Audi gauge never
gets higher than 80C and the stock gauge never gets higher than 80C. Is this
because the tap somehow screwed up the resistance that gauges are expecting
to see? Im a wiring moron mind you. Please let me know as I would to get
them both working before ND, thanks.

Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
Desk 206.266.6736