Re: 16v no spark,...distributor question

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 04:35:14PM -0400, S.Coleman wrote:

> except on the way home,...tach needle goes to 0 and car stumbles for may 15
> sec and then dies.  Cranks fine but will not start.  I sit for about 5 min
> scratching head and it cranks back up and I come home.  Sit in drive way
> idling while checking timing and car dies.....won't start back up at all.
> So out comes the Bentley and I check for spark at #1 plug....no spark.
> Check for power on -1 at coil:   the test light comes on and stays
> on....doesn't flash as per Bentley.

Your Hall Effect sensor, she is dead.  Fisrt, make sure the connector
(it's on the side of the distributor) has clean contacts and is firmly
connected.  The cheapest I found the senfor for as $120, so I just got a
brand new distributor from Adirondac for $175

Dan