4-2 Manifold Question, Fuel Line Fittings

I am in the middle of an Audi 3A 2.0 Liter swap into my 79 Scirocco, and I
intend to use a 4into2 style manifold- I have a manifold and downpipe from
an 86 GLI- any reason I cannot use the whole assembly?? or do I have to use
the old style non-offset 4into2 manifold with the factory downpipe?

also, how hard is it to replace the fuel line fittings on the lines in the
engine compartment? I am wiring up CIS-E and the return line will not bolt
on to the pressure regulator, the fitting is different entirely.
Ken N
1979 Scirocco 8V 2.0 Transplant in Progress
1985 Scirocco Wolfsburg 8V
1988 Jetta GLS 8V
1989 Jetta Carat GLI 8V STR-4
http://www.mindspring.com/~farmracer/slidehawk.htm