[elec] misc inst. cluster q's (senders & such)

  with many thanx going to tom (the only post to my question) who helped
me figure out my one major problem. unfortunately i've still several
little ones to figure out. any help would be appreciated.

  my oil pressure idiot light keeps flashing. i didn't have the bentley
with me (and it's 2:-a now), but would the cause of this be a bad
connection in one of the two sending units? i know the car has oil and
it's not spewing all over the place. ideas?

  another stupid light (my water temp gauge) flashes intermittently.
don't know why. the needle only registers half-way (slightly below the
light). i replaced the thermostat and fan switch today. point of fact,
there was no pressure in the system when i checked to make sure there
was still coolant in there. fan wasn't running either. very
cool...and...cool. ideas on how to fix the light?

  thirdly, my speed doesn't register correctly. not even near. the
cluster is original and has never been opened. ideas? i'm thinking
cables or something along those lines. p.o. didn't mention it, so i'd
assume it was working previously. also, i can get the cable out of the
trans (4k).

  my clock fades in an out. why?

  other problem (partially cluster related), is with my turn signal
switch. whenever i flip it to turn right (and ONLY right), it like to
sort of stutter a little bit (sort of sounds like fizzing) unless i
wiggle the stick a little bit, at which point it's fine. i removed it
from the steering column (for a seperate repair) and cleaned it with
electrical cleaner, but still no luck. if it matters, it on a car with
cruise control.

  thanx for any help i can get. this '84 is turning out to be a really
nice (mechanically) car, but i just need to get these things worked out.
thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com