Update on Relaying Headlamps

Thanks guys for the response.....I didn't get to read the messages until
after I installed the relays.

However, I have one problem which is plaguing the new system. First, here's
a brief explanation of what I did.

One relay for the highs and one relay for the lows.  I connected pin 30
directly to the alt and added a fuse. I used 12 gauge wire for the most part
and in some spots, I believe that the wire was 16 gauge.  Not the best
wiring but it's working.

The low beams are running no problem.  I put a 15amp fuse on pin 30.  The
problem I'm having is that I keep blowing the fuse for the high beams.  It's
also a 15amp fuse.  Is it okay to up it to say 30 amps?  I'm not that versed
in this electrical sphere and I'm trying to learn.  So can I use a 30 amp
fuse as opposed to a 15amp?  If so, why can I?  I wanna impress my dad as
he's taking a mechanic's course to get his license and he's learning all
this sheit.  Thanks once again guys!!!!!!

Sal