Re: Oil/AF in strut housing [was Re: Koni Sport Adjustables]

On Bilstein inserts, you don't need any fluid in the strut housing.  The
Bilstein inserts are designed with the working fluid and piston in the upper
half of the unit.  This is the part that is mostly outside the strut housing.
 Due to this design, there is no need to use a cooling medium for heat
transfer in the strut itself.  It also reduces unsprung weight.  A real cool
design.  Bilstein's ROCC!(pun intended)  Check out:
http://www.bilstein.com/index2.html

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 5/3/01 10:46:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,