[elec] no start & battery light on & funky tach

  first off, this is what i've done today: replaced plug wires, replaced
fuel pump relay (kicks on twice in a row???), replaced cap, reconnected
water temp sender wire, reconnected canister beside washer fluid
reservoir, removed two wires (not factory) from alternator (pin-out) to
starter (+ stud)

  i know, check the battery. works when i jump start the car, but as
soon as i turn my lights on and/or let it idle for a while, the car will
die. don't know why. the only thing i did was remove two wires going
from the alternator to the starter. after i got rid of those, the car no
longer wanted to start and my battery light in the cluster began to
glow. goes away when i rev the engine, then comes back when idle drops.
something's not right. ideas, please?
  in addition to the above, whenever i turn on the blower motor, the
tach freaks out and jumps about 1500 rpm. idle stays fine. ideas on
this? thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com