Make an injector puller; port your own head; shimming rear.

	A cool guy I met at the boneyard gave me a link which I don't think is
listed on scirocco.org.  It has a section on making your own injector puller
from a shelf bracket.  It's an A2 Jetta page but there's still a bunch of
stuff which is applicable to our cars.  Go to the "A2 Poor Boy Mods" section
of:

http://www.scottsnell.atfreeweb.com/

This is the direct link:

http://www.scottsnell.atfreeweb.com/homemade_injector_puller_tool.htm

	There is also a fascinating link to Standard Abrasive's do-it-yourself head
porting guide.  Apparently, this company sells abrasives kits and the guide
is aimed at the domestic V-8 crowd but I found the basic information to be
very enlightening.

	Finally, while poking around the links above, I came to the following which
describes how one would go about shimming the rear axle beam of our cars:

http://user.icx.net/~penclnck/align/shimjob.htm

There is other relevant tech info there and the guy seems to also sell gauge
faces (sorry Brett!).  Enjoy.  benton--------