Re: RANT: 1.8T in Scirocco 16V

VWMikeLVW@aol.com wrote:

> You're into a hobby like this because you enjoy working on your
> car...not to
> figure  out any way possible not to work on it.

    Besides the obvious mathmatics considerations, time, money... there
is the factor of "I want it done sooner than later".  Not everyone wants
to spend 6 months doing the swap, but would rather drive the car during
5 of those 6 months.  Lotsa factors, and we can go on for days as to why
people take their cars to shops to do work they could otherwise do, but
this email is pointless enough already...

There is a certain
> amount of
> pride that goes along with putting something like that together
> yourself. If
> that is lost, then whole reason you did it in the first place is also
> lost.

  Mike, while you would do the swap yourself, others would not.  I agree
that some of this stuff is fun, but then your idea of "fun" might be
different from someone elses... As for "credibility", I have no idea
what the hell that means.  I ain't flaming ya, but that "credibility"
thingie was just bizarre.  I still love ya tho.  BTW, you haven't been
to Petes since that one time?

Andre'
Lime Green 79
ICQ #76283458