From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 5:43 AM
To: Shannon Fenton
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: RANT: 1.8T in Scirocco 16V

While you're busy looking down your nose at those of us with 8V's, I'd
just like to point out that I have a lot more respect for someone that
can modify his own motor (no matter how many valves it has), understands
the basics of how all the parts work and can tune his or her own
ignition and fuel systems as opposed to somebody that pays a shop to do
the work, but is damn good at changing the oil and filters.
As far as the comment about 300hp (at the wheels?); does the fact that
you KNOW somebody that has 300 hp (as opposed to having 300hp yourself)
make you superior to somebody that has, say, 150 hp at the wheels?
And finally, just my .02, I'd say that 300hp (at the wheels!) really
doesn't mean a whole hell of alot without a Quaife.
No offense to the guy that owns the 1.8T Scirocco. Since I own an 8V and
a 20V, I'm sure it's an awesome and perhaps scary car