Re: 1.8T in Scirocco 16V

150 BHP, 200 BHP .. ?

      Where you guys been. This motor can handle up to 350 + BHP as long as
you have a tranny built up to match. Hell the non turbo 20v motor puts out
over 180+ BHP with a carb swap and no internal mods. I had one customer of
mine that had about 340 in his 1.8 Audi A4 with not internal mods at all.
Same motor.

      Also its a VW you can get almost any tranny to fit on this thing. 020
tranny bolts up and you can keep your cable if you don't want to do the hydro
cable conversion. The bay shouldn't need any reinforcement either. My daily
drive was running at just over 180 BHP for three or 4 years with no problem
to the Chassis and I did get the car sideways and airborne on a regular
basis. Only reason its not my daily drive now is, well I needed a simple car
to get me around rather then my little red loud rocco.

      You might need motor mounts to be made, but any metal shop can make
one stronger then any load the car will ever put on them, and use older
cheaper rubber mounts. As for the down pipe for the turbo another cheapy
piece as long as you can find someone that can fallow a picture and weld. I
wouldn't call this a 8 to 11k project if done smart and right. G 60
transplants didn't run that much and weren't that hard and probably weighed
more when it was all done. My only concern is can you afford all the cool
parts your going to want once you have a turbo motor in. Big brakes, timer,
waste gate, dump valve, boost controller, front mount cooler, all the fun
gauges.
But all that really isn't needed unless you start laying in major power into
the motor.

      Also you may find some problem finding them, but they are turning up.
To many kids stuffing them racing. Oh well more for me. If I'm not mistaken
you might be able to mate the 20v Turbo head to other blocks. I'm off to look
at head gaskets and low compression pistons on Thursday to see if the will
mate to a 20 16v block. Who knows I'll keep people informed if you like.