From: Randy B [mailto:sirocco@telocity.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:54 PM
To: Shawn C Meze; Shannon Fenton; geordy
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: tires for 15x7 wheels.

He he he.
Thanks for the reminder, kinda hoped everyone forgot about that slight error
in judgement.
I have bashed the SP8K's (vocally and physically) in the past but I still
consider them to be excellent tires.
I am currently still running them on Mars to use up the tread so I can mount
racing tires on the Revolutions.
The AVS Intermediate (on the Ronal R-10's on Cosmos) are also excellent
tires.
After driving on the Toyo T1-S's though I now cosider them to be *king of
the hill* of tires for our cars.
If you wan't the ultimate tire for your 15X7, go for the 215/45/15 Toyo
T1-S.
I ran these on my RS's for a couple months until I put the Revolutions back
on and LOVED them .
Besides being awesome on the dry, they are better than ANY tire I've ever
driven on in the wet.
Put it this way I believe they will outcorner (in the wet) my 195/50/15
AVS's (in the dry).
Shannon, you are running the T1-S's  right, and you live in rain country?

Randy (back from vacation)
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - my stock time capsule for now