Re: noisy valve ???

I had the same noise in a 90 Jetta Diesel coming from the hydraulic lifters
once there was about 3000 km on an oil change.  My mechanic said it was due
to the oil passages getting clogged.  I switched to Mobil 1 and never heard
the hydraulic lifters again.  My oil consumption increased to about 0.5
litre every 5000 km (3000 miles) but no oil starvation of the lifters was
worth the oil consumption and the extra cost of synthetic oil to me. Once I
get my transmission fixed in my new-to-me 16v, I'll be using Mobile 1 in it.

Mark
Black 86.5 16v (65th one produced)

	I' ve a strange noise coming from somewhere around valves. I' ll try
	summarize symptoms:

	1. When the oil level is around minimum mark on the stick, I hear a
loud
	metallic pulse. It is something like one lobe of cam is hitting
somewhere.

	2. I had those eight hydraulic cylinders replaced two months ago
(cylinders
	between the cam and valve stems).

	3. I still hear this noise, not as loud as it was though. Sometimes
it
	completely fades away, sometimes audible only when idling (I have a
very
	noisy muffler).

	4. New oil, good level (Castrol 20/50), new oil filter.

	Any idea ????