Re: Koni Sport Adjustables - Need a primer session Pls.

At 04:57 PM 5/2/01 , T Berk wrote:

>I have a used set of Yellow Konis at home (and some new H&R sport lower
>springs on the way).
>I never had any (new) aftermarket shocks before and didn't get any info
>with these old ones.
>
>I was wondering these questions:
>
>- What am I adjusting when I turn the top? _Firmness?_ Height?

Rebound firmness... They're one-way adjustible -- so you can only adjust
the firmness of rebound, not jounce.
Jounce is initial upward travel from bump, rebound is downward.

>- Are they a good match with the lowering springs?

Perfect, I have the same combo and love it.  Ride quality is excellent,
dampening is excellent.  With my 16V, I keep front on full hard and rears
on 1/4 hard.

>- Where can I get a replacement adjuster?, I didn't get one.

shox.com?

>- What's up with filling the shock tube with oil?, cooling?

You got it! :)

Have fun and good luck with 'em!

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v