Weird noise when shifting 1-2

Well I forgot to mention my problem today :-)

When I shift from 1st to 2nd, I'm hearing a weird noise, kinda of like right
from the firewall at my feet.  Its not a clunk exactly, definitely not a
grinding noise - I guess its a "bump" - kind of like if you bend a cake pan.
Yes, I can be more vague if you'd like.  I've been down in there looking
around, cant find anything loose.  Guess I hear it more now that all my
rattling is taken care of.

Occasionally it will happen when I come out of a slow corner too (not
shifting), but mostly happens during the above situation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

--