Re: Weird noise when shifting 1-2

How about the downpipe contacting the swaybar?  When you shift the engine
rocks enough for the dp to bump the bar a bit and gives you a clunk or
metallic rattle for the short time it is in contact.  Used to do it on mine
when exhaust was stock and mounts were shit.
Could be other things also, but check clearance between these and see what
its like.

Eric Person
86.5 16v