Re: timing belt tensioner - how easy to change?

You got it, not much problem there, it's mainly an
off-and-on job.

I'd suggest setting engine to TDC first just in case
the belt slips off.  That way it's easier to
reinstall.

If you don't have the tool (pin spanner) to set the
tension, use a nail or pin punch in one of the holes,
and let the 13?mm wrench for the nut rotate the
tensioner via the nail as you tighten the nut.  If you
get the nut finger tight first, it works pretty slick.
 This may not be very clear, but I hope it gets more
apparent when you go to do it.  You can get the
correct tension with the nut partially tight, it'll
hold the tensioner in place while you remove the nail
and nip the nut down.

Good Luck

Ron